Cat 6 Ethernet Cables allow for better signal to noise ratio with minimal loss - which translates to faster and more reliable networks for today’s applications.
Category 6 cable, commonly referred to as Cat-6, is a cable standard for Gigabit Ethernet and other network protocols that are backward compatible with the Category 5/5e and
Category 3 cable standards.
Compared with Cat-5 and Cat-5e, Cat-6 ethernet cable features more stringent specifications for crosstalk and system noise. The cable standard provides performance of up to 250 MHz
and is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T / 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet).
If a Cat-5 or Cat-5E patch-cord is used in a Cat-6 system, only Cat-5 or Cat-5E specifications will be achieved for that circuit.
Many manufacturers have cables that do not meet the strict requirements set out in the CAT6 certification. With 4Cabling, the quality of our ethernet cat 6 stranded cable is assured.
- Cable Type: Cat 6
- Connectors: RJ45-RJ45
- Length: 0.25m
- Colour: Grey
- Jacket Material: PVC
- Diameter: 6.2mm
- RJ-45 connectors
- CAT6 stranded cable best used for patch leads
- Impedance Matched - Wire and connectors are carefully matched to virtually eliminate echoing and cancellation, providing high speed, error free transmission
- Gold Plated Contacts - Gold plating eliminates corrosion and provides maximum conductivity to ensure data integrity
- Unique PVC Jacket - Exclusive polymer technology provides unsurpassed durability and flexibility
- Snag Free Boots - Prevent cable kinks and bent pins when removing them from patch panels
- Strain Relief - Increases strength while sustaining maximum flexibility even under extreme conditions
- UL listed
- EIA/TIA and ACMA approved
- ISO/IEC11801:2011(Ed. 2.2)
- EN 50173-1:2011
- EN 50173-2:2007 including amendment A1:2010
- IEC61935-2:2010(Ed.3.0) (transmission requirements)
How to distinguish a Cat 6 plug from a Cat-5 or Cat-5E plug:
To distinguish a Cat-6 plug from a Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug, just simply look at the way the cable's wires have been terminated at the end of the plug:
- A Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug will ALWAYS have all eight wires in a single row
- The majority of Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with four wires per row
- Some Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with 6 wires in the top row and 2 wires in the bottom row
1 year limited warranty.
Australia’s leading importer & wholesaler of 19” server racks, copper, ethernet cable, fibre optic leads & structured networking products
ISO 9001, NSW Govt. & GITC (QLD Govt.) approved supplier
Secure online shopping 24/7
A loyal customer base of 100k+ who trust us for their data & electrical needs
Over 3000 quality products in stock ready to go
All products are approved as per local Australian standards
Warranty & peace of mind return policy
Lightning fast delivery nationwide
Proudly 100% Australian owned & operated
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 855 235 to talk with one of our expert advisers.