4Cabling's Cat 6 Ethernet Network Cables allow for better signal to noise ratio with minimal loss - which translates to faster and more reliable networks for today’s applications.
Category 6 cable, commonly referred to as Cat-6, is a cable standard for Gigabit Ethernet and other network protocols that are backward compatible with the Category 5/5e and
Category 3 cable standards.
Compared with Cat-5 and Cat-5e, Cat-6 ethernet cable features more stringent specifications for crosstalk and system noise. The cable standard provides performance of up to 250 MHz
and is suitable for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), 1000BASE-T / 1000BASE-TX (Gigabit Ethernet) and 10GBASE-T (10-Gigabit Ethernet).
- Cable Type: Cat 6
- Connectors: RJ45-RJ45
- Length: 3m
- Colour: Blue
- Jacket Material: PVC
- Diameter: 6.2mm
- RJ-45 connectors
- Impedance Matched - Wire and connectors are carefully matched to virtually eliminate echoing and cancellation, providing high speed, error free transmission
- Gold Plated Contacts - Gold plating eliminates corrosion and provides maximum conductivity to ensure data integrity
- Unique PVC Jacket - Exclusive polymer technology provides unsurpassed durability and flexibility
- Snag Free Boots - Prevent cable kinks and bent pins when removing them from patch panels
- Strain Relief - Increases strength while sustaining maximum flexibility even under extreme conditions
- UL listed
- EIA/TIA and ACMA approved
- ISO/IEC11801:2011(Ed. 2.2)
- EN 50173-1:2011
- EN 50173-2:2007 including amendment A1:2010
- IEC61935-2:2010(Ed.3.0) (transmission requirements)
How to distinguish a Cat 6 plug from a Cat-5 or Cat-5E plug:
To distinguish a Cat-6 plug from a Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug, just simply look at the way the cable's wires have been terminated at the end of the plug:
- A Cat-5 or a Cat-5E plug will ALWAYS have all eight wires in a single row
- The majority of Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with four wires per row
- Some Cat-6 plugs will have wires in two rows with 6 wires in the top row and 2 wires in the bottom row
1 year limited warranty.
Australia’s leading importer & wholesaler of 19” server racks, copper, ethernet cable, fibre optic leads & structured networking products
ISO 9001, NSW Govt. & GITC (QLD Govt.) approved supplier
Secure online shopping 24/7
A loyal customer base of 100k+ who trust us for their data & electrical needs
Over 3000 quality products in stock ready to go
All products are approved as per local Australian standards
Warranty & peace of mind return policy
Lightning fast delivery nationwide
Proudly 100% Australian owned & operated
Email [email protected] or phone 02 9565 4077 to talk with one of our expert advisers.