When it comes to POE switches this is the creme de la creme. The Edimax ES-5224P is a web-smart switch with 24 Fast Ethernet PoE+ ports and 2 Gigabit Combo ports that easily connects and supplies power to PoE-enabled devices such as wireless access points, network cameras and IP phones as well as other Ethernet-enabled devices such as computers, printers and network attached storage (NAS). The ES-5224P is designed with easy management, all configuration can be performed through an intuitive browser-based Graphical User Interface. Ideal for small or medium network environments to strengthen the network connection, its standard 19-inch rack-mount brackets allow for integration with the most widely used mounting systems on the market.
- Supports 24 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet PoE+ ports and 2 10/100/1000Mbps combo ports
- Support IEEE 802.3af/at PoE compliant to simplify deployment and installation
- Support PoE up to 30W per port With 400W total power budget
- Automatically detects power devices(PD) and power consumption levels
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN allows network segmentation to enhance performance and security
- Switch capacity: 4.4Gbps
- Support IGMP Snooping V1 / V2
- Support 4K MAC address table
- 19-inch rack-mountable metal case
IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) Auto Detection
The ES-5224P features 24 IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) ports that supply up to 30 watts of electricity per port. It can convert standard 100~240V/AC power into low-voltage DC that runs over existing LAN cables to supply power to IEEE 802.3at compliant network accessories. The ES-5224P features PoE+ device detection to verify whether individual, connected devices are IEEE 802.3at compliant or not, so only data will be sent via the LAN cable if the device is not a PoE or PE device. Various PoE products such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones are easily connected to the switch, making it the perfect solution when power outlets are difficult to install or existing power outlets are too far from devices.
Cost-Effective, No Special Networking Cable Required
Reduce your installation time and cost by using a standard Cat-5e Ethernet cable to link between the ES-5224P switch and powered devices (PD). The Ethernet cable will then transmit both data and power, so you won't need all those extra power cables to your powered devices (PD).
Smart Features Supported
The ES-5224P Web smart features can be managed through a Web Browser. The smart features include simple QoS/CoS applications and basic monitoring tools to improve network efficiency. The ES-5224P also supports bandwidth control and port based VLAN. Through a Web interface, an administrator can set up VLANs to segregate traffic and QoS to prioritize mission-critical data. All of these features offer extra protection on the network edge. Best of all, the password-protected configuration interface can be accessed remotely. It increases the IT manager‘s mobility.
The ES-5224P switch also supports auto-negotiation and non-blocking wire speed to give you the maximum speed and highest performance possible for each device connected to your network.
Each of the ES-5224P’s ports automatically detect whether connected network devices are running at 10Mbps or 100Mbps and half-duplex or full-duplex mode, and adjusts the speed and mode accordingly ensuring easy and hassle-free operation.
Forwards and receives traffic seamlessly – each port supports speeds up to 200Mbps in full-duplex mode simultaneously, providing full wire speed to connected devices and allowing you to run a high speed network smoothly.
Along with the Fast Ethernet speeds critical for next-generation network applications, the ES-5224P offers environmental efficiency . To comply with the IEEE802.3az standard, the ES-5224P provides power saving functionality to reduce energy consumption and save costs:
When a network device is shut down and/or an inactive link is detected, the power usage adjustment feature automatically reduces power usage. The switch’s power consumption will be dynamically adjusted according to the link status and the number of active network devices.
Devices equipped with this feature automatically detect the length of connected Ethernet cables and adjust power usage accordingly. The shorter the cable length, the less power it consumes.
- ES-5224P PoE+ Web Smart Switch
- Quick Installation Guide
- Power Cord
- Rack-Mount Kit
1 year limited warranty.
- Australia’s leading importer & wholesaler of 19” server racks, copper, ethernet cable, fibre optic leads & structured networking products
- ISO 9001, NSW Govt. & GITC (QLD Govt.) approved supplier
- Secure online shopping 24/7
- A loyal customer base of 100k+ who trust us for their data & electrical needs
- Over 3000 quality products in stock ready to go
- All products are approved as per local Australian standards
- Warranty & peace of mind return policy
- Lightning fast delivery nationwide
- Expert advice
- Proudly 100% Australian owned & operated
Email email@example.com or phone 1300 855 235 to talk with one of our expert advisers.